9.28.2010

ten images of inspiration : the golden age of advertising.












Ever since I can remember, I have been infatuated with advertising from the fifties and sixties. I love the illustrations, photography, type, cheekiness, and all-over design (and yes, even the gender stereotypes that seem so prevalent of the era.) And now with finally watching every season of Mad Men, my obsession has been in full-effect. You can't argue- it was a darn good time for advertising.

(Images above gathered from AdClassix, Vintage Advertising, and Well Medicated.)

5 comments:

  1. Great Designs !!! 7up :) i loved it...but now i Don't think that I could get it anywhere Here anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved 7up ad too. We can still get it at few and places far in between.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's strange to see the amount of text in old ads. Would many people really read 2-3 paragraphs, I wonder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cool! That smoking dog just cracked me up!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love these! i actually have the Sanka coffee advertisement on my wall :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...