2.23.2010

ten images of inspiration : the selby.












The Selby is by far one of my favorite websites on the internet. Somehow photographer/illustrator Todd Selby manages to truly catch people in their natural environments, displaying images of interiors that do not seem to be set up for a photograph in any way. He shows the messes and clutter and little details that make up a real home, from the insides of their medicine cabinets, pantries, and closets to piles of books and collections. So, needless to say, I am terribly excited that a Selby book is coming out this spring- I cannot wait!

(All images by Todd Selby, from theselby.com)

10 comments:

  1. I LOVE those shoes!!! I want a shoe room:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy and eclectic. I always look around my place and feel bored by myself after I look at homes on The Selby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this! Thanks for turning me on to this awesome site. There's something so comforting about seeing people living their own messy, creative, crazy, artistic lives... fabulous!

    PS... design is mine is one of my favorite, everyday reads! Thanks for inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in love with the kitchen with the chalk board cabinets!!!! So clever and so practical:) It makes the kitchen look like a Starbucks:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ironic seeing Bauhaus in such a well lit environment cool

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are all SO GREAT. thanks for sharing. can't wait to check out some more loveliness!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love these pictures and the variety! my favorite is the 4th one with the beautiful stairway and loft. that's almost like my dream home! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. YES! I love cozy, colourful, ramshackle spaces!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for introducing me to this site! I just spent quite a while poking around on the Selby- so many inspiring images.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely posts, lovely blog!
    Best wishes from Spain!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...