"Make A Wish," from Rifle Paper Co.. Since today is my birthday, I was planning on doing a birthday-themed best of the week, but instead I will curl up on the couch with a movie and a drink. Enjoy the rest of your weekend, folks!
Lately I have been checking out books of patterns from the library, determined to start sketching my own. I want to always surround myself with bright, fun patterns on my clothing and in my home- I think they do a good job of cheering me up.
1. lightweight merino wool shawl stars orange ($97.50, sale), 2. Mineral Matches ($4), 3. Wallflower A6 Fliptop Jotter ($9), 4. Pastel Cartoon Shift Organza Dress ($24.90), 5. Black Abstract Diamonds and Minerals Print ($119), 6. Red and Mint Leather Pouch ($44), 7. Take a Rain Trek Umbrella ($29.99), 8. Carcasa Flores Azules (€15), 9. Sweet Ice-lolly-printed Round-neck Tank ($17.99), and 10. Multi Stem Double Oven Glove ($48)
Here is some cheery colorful graphic design inspiration for your Tuesday morning. Summertime always has me turning away from muted tones and embracing the bold and the bright.
Sources (from top to bottom): Marcel Häusler, Studio No10, Kelli Anderson, Elliott Walker, MaricorMaricar, Luke O'Neill, Kokoro & Moi, Laura Meseguer, Zheng Joo, and World Cup Stamps.
- Printable free watercolor luggage tags.
- A bright & cheery July desktop wallpaper.
- Real art combined with 80s teenage heartthrobs.
- Sour cherry milkshakes sound excellent.
- I plan on making this watercolor garland with my kiddos.
- 10 awesome Ikea hacks to try.
- Heck yeah: a Trix cake!
- There can be something so beautiful about abandoned buildings.
- I want to see Tara Donovan's art in person.
- What to cook when it's hot, hot, hot.
- Good advice on managing feedback.
- 15 lovely centerpieces for your summer table.
- Roasted apricot & rose eton mess sounds so fancy and scrumptious.
- Wedding inspiration from Salvation Mountain. I can't wait to visit that place someday.
- The small things.
- Fine art and hip hop work so well together.
- This midsummer mingle looks like the dreamiest party ever.
- Lemonade is my fave.
- Learn how to ice a ruffle cake.
- 20 fun fashion DIY projects to make this summer.
- I'm such a sucker for salty chocolate chip cookies.
Much love to all of you this hot, hot weekend- make a big splash in the water for me, will you? (artwork above from Judy Kauffman's amazing new HELLO PATTERN collection)
1. Mountainscape Print by The Adventures Of ($79), 2. Chartreuse Bowl by Julie Parker-Garza ($25+), 3. California Framed Wall Art by Fimbis ($99), 4. Soft Serve Print by TWAMIES ($12), 5. Television Tiger by Sarah Walsh ($20), 6. viewfinder by Ooh Pretty Shiny ($35+), 7. Early Morning by Ashley Goldberg ($25), 8. Top Knot 12 by Elizabeth Mayville ($20), 9. snorkeler by Kate Pugsley ($40), and 10. Carnival Fun by Carolyn Cochrane ($30)
"parade-ready" by andrea. (See also: blog)
Happy 4th of July to all my readers here in the states- I hope you all enjoy plenty of sparklers, ice cold beer, strawberry & blueberry pie, corn-on-the-cob, fireworks shows, and friendly company.
Whenever I am in need for some home inspiration, I always go back to Sweden. I feel like our new home finally has my favorite qualities of Swedish design- minimalism, a mixture of vintage and modern, open space, pops of color, and lots of light. I still dream of having a home in the Swedish countryside someday- or a little home in Gothenburg or Stockholm like any of the ones above.
Sources: Stadshem, Sofia Byström, Plaza Interiör, Stadshem, Hemnet, Patrik Hagborg, Alvhem, Fantastic Frank, Sara Landstedt, Bolaget, Kristofer Johnsson, and Coco Lapine.
- This ice cream sounds so damn delicious.
- So does this ice cream cake.
- 10 DIY projects to make for your next picnic.
- A small, charming home I would love to live in.
- Summertime mocktails.
- This little Japanese girl makes my heart melt.
- Links loved: hip hop edition.
- Retro-style DIY beaded plant hangers.
- Like everyone else, I just adore the Poppytalk for Target collection.
- The cutest DIY dynamite garland.
- A resort wear round up.
- Fluffy coconut snow.
- 9 subconscious things you do when you're not being true to yourself.
- A summer treasure hunt sounds wonderful.
- This cake sounds strange and delicious.
- Retro tropical wedding inspiration.
- Creative words to live by.
- I visited Chelsea's apartment once and thought it was just lovely.
- Pretty desktop wallpapers.
- These sound amazing: Earl Grey milky tea popsicles with grass jelly.
- Simple DIY shoe storage.
- These fans seem like the perfect favors for summertime weddings.
- 10 signs you might be a maximalist. I love every one of those homes.
- A VSCOcam tutorial.
- Summer should be all about drinking frozen coconut limeade.
- The key to a good marriage.
I hope you are all having a nice, relaxing weekend. Cheers! (above artwork by Peter Carrington)